1. What are my chances of getting lymphedema?
2. How do you check for it?
3. What are the signs of lymphedema? Which ones should I report to you?
4. Should I avoid specific activities with the arm that had lymph nodes removed? (i.e., blood pressure, blood draws, shots)?
5. Are there exercises or activities I can do to try to prevent lymphedema? Are there any I should avoid?
6. Is there anything else I can do to prevent lymphedema?
7. If I get a cut, burn or insect bite on the affected arm, what should I do?
8. How is lymphedema treated?
9. What is a compression sleeve? Should I wear one? Do I always have to wear it, even at night? What about on an airplane?
10. Where can I get a compression sleeve? Should I have one made to fit me?
11. What is manual lymph drainage (MLD)? What about complex decongestive therapy? Please explain how these treatments work.