1. Why do I need radiation therapy?
2. How many radiation treatments will I have? When should I start? Will I need someone to go with me?
3. How long will each radiation treatment take? Who will give me the radiation treatments?
4. How is radiation given?
5. If I choose to have my breast reconstructed, do I still need radiation? If so, can it be done before or after radiation?
6. What can I do to prepare for my treatment (i.e., wear a two-piece outfit)?
7. What are the possible side effects of radiation? How long will they last? What side effects should I report to you?
8. What are the long-term risks of this treatment?
9. Can I continue normal activities (work, sex, sports, etc.) during treatment? After treatment?
10. How often should I return to see you after my radiation treatments end? Which doctor should I see?
11. What is the goal of this treatment? Is it to eliminate the cancer?
12. What are the chances that this treatment will prevent the cancer from coming back?
13. If the cancer comes back, can I get radiation therapy again?
14. How often will I receive radiation therapy?
15. Are there alternatives to the recommended treatment?
16. Will each treatment be the same? Does the radiation dose or area treat change throughout the period of treatment?
17. How will this treatment affect my daily life? Will I be able to work, exercise, and perform my usual activities?
18. Will you describe what I will experience when I receive radiation therapy? Will it hurt or cause me discomfort during the treatment?
19. Who should I contact about any side effects I experience? And how soon?
20. How will my skin be affected during radiation therapy? What skin products can I use each day?
21. Do I need to be concerned about sun exposure?
22. Should I avoid certain foods, vitamins, or supplements?
23. Should I avoid using deodorant or antiperspirant during treatment?
24. What are the possible long-term effects of this treatment?
25. If I decide to have reconstructive surgery, how would that affect my treatment plan?
26. Will this treatment affect my fertility?
27. Are there special services for patients receiving radiation therapy, such as certain parking spaces or parking rates?