Fertility treatment assistance
- LIVESTRONG Fertility Provides financial assistance for fertility treatment for women diagnosed with breast cancer.
- The Samfund Provides financial assistance for fertility treatment for women diagnosed with breast cancer.
Genetic Testing Assistance
- Myriad Financial Assistance Program Provides financial assistance for BRCA1 and BRCA2 genetic testing for people who qualify.
- Quest Diagnostic’s Patient Assistance Program Provides financial assistance for genetic testing for people who qualify.
- The Cancer Resource Foundation This foundation offers co-pay assistance for cancer genetic testing for patients in Massachusetts.
Child and Elder Care Assistance
- CancerCare – Financial Assistance Program Provides limited financial assistance for child care during treatment.
- Komen Treatment Assistance Program Provides limited financial assistance for child care during treatment.
- Kesem is a nationwide community that supports children through and beyond their parent’s cancer. The program provides free year-round services, Kesem Through, and Beyond Support provides children impacted by a parent’s cancer a continuum of touch points throughout the year. Their largest program, Camp Kesem, is a week-long summer camp is provided free of charge for children ages 6 through 18. 253-736-3821
Clinical Trial Costs
- National Cancer Institute – Insurance Coverage and Clinical Trials Find information on insurance coverage of clinical trial costs.
- Lazarex Foundation – financial support for participating in clinical trials The Lazarex Cancer Foundation supports end stage cancer patients and the cancer community by aiding with costs for clinical trial participation, navigation through clinical trial options, community outreach and education.
Low Cost and Free Mammograms/MRI’s
- Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance companies cover the cost of mammograms.
- Since September 2010, the Affordable Care Act has required all new health insurance plans to cover screening mammograms every 1-2 years for women ages 40 and older, with no out of pocket costs (co-payments or co-insurance).
- Call the Komen Breast Care Helpline at 1-877 GO KOMEN (1-877-465-6636) Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET to help find low-cost options in your area.
- Each October, during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, many imaging centers offer mammograms at reduced rates. To find a certified mammography center in your area, visit the FDA website.
- In many parts of the U.S., low-cost or free mammograms are also offered through national programs and community organizations.
- National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program Provides access to breast cancer screening (and access to diagnostic testing if results are abnormal, and referrals to treatment of breast cancer is diagnosed) to low-income, uninsured and underinsured women ages 40-64.
- Planned Parenthood Provides clinical breast exams and referrals for mammography (and any follow-up testing, such as breast ultrasound).
- Patient Services Incorporated
- American Breast Cancer Foundation
- National Breast Cancer Foundation
- United Breast Cancer Foundation
- Quest Diagnostics
- Cancer Legal Resource Center (CLRC) The CLRC provides free information and resources on cancer-related legal issues to cancer survivors, caregivers, health care professionals, employers, and others coping with cancer.
- Disability Right Legal Center Offers information about cancer-related legal issues regarding health insurance, employment, government benefits, estate planning, advanced healthcare directives, family law, and consumer assistance. Staff includes attorneys and other professionals. Other help is provided.
Other Fundraising Help